SHARE YOUR STORY and we can feature You in our Alumni page,
Share about your new school, job, travels,
It has been just a few short months since I became the principal of Junipero Serra School, and during this time, I have experienced the school’s alumni to be strong and proud ambassadors of their school. The JSS alumni are most supportive and grateful for their Catholic education at Carmel Mission’s Catholic School, and they have played a significant role in the vitality and the mission of their alma mater.
As the new principal of JSS, I am honored by the important responsibility to lead the school and to maintain the benchmarks of academic excellence and faith formation that have defined the legacy of the school. Certainly, the alumni of JSS play a significant role to nurture the vitality and to advance the mission of the school. Through this letter, I invite all members of the alumni to share in the celebration and support of Catholic education at JSS through various fundraising and community building social events, including the traditional Fiesta. Please mark your calendars for the following events:
1. St. Junipero Serra, First Anniversary of Canonization Mass, will be held on Saturday, September 24, at 5:30pm. A blessing of the Carmel Mission Courtyard will follow the Mass.
2. The 2016 Fiesta will be held on Sunday, September 25, 2016 from 11:00am to 5:00pm. This year’s Fiesta will feature a special alumni social area in the courtyard with a display of graduating class pictures and other JSS memorabilia.
Again, thanks for your tremendous support of your school. I look forward to meeting many of you at the First Anniversary Canonization Mass and the Fiesta.
Bruce J. Stewart
Junipero Serra School
Jaclyn Todd, Class 2007
Her favorite memories of JSS were playing basketball, having a little buddy, art class, and traveling to Washington D.C.. She then went to Notre Dame High School in Salinas. She played water polo and was on the swim team. Upon graduating in 2011 she went to Humboldt State University in Northern California.
"JSS provides a safe and loving environment for my child. The school teaches children to respect themselves and others. "
Jaclyn in 8th Grade, 2007
Volunteer! get involved! there are numerous ways to give your precious time to your Alma Mater.
• Plan a reunion
• Visit JSS and interact with students - talk about your experience
• Host an Alumni Event
• Volunteer in our events (Fiesta, ATT, Arts/Auction Night, Mini Olympics)
• Donate an item for the Auction Night
• Talk about your ideas to keep the JSS Alumni Community involved
“JSS provides a Christian environment for students to learn and excel, academically, physically, and spiritually. "